Saturday, 10 June 2017
Todays card is made using a waste piece form making a card earlier in the week. The pice had three butterflies cut from it and I thought it was same to waste it.
I embossed the piece with an old spellbinders brick pattern embossing folder and shaded it with spun sugar distress ink.
I backed this with velum and added fragments of gilding flakes behind this to add some shine behind the butterflies ( more evident in real life than the pictures) I then added in 3 butterflies ( cut with the random dovecraft die I bought on Ebay) into the apertures with 3mm white stick on pearls for the body.
I added the flower that I had made up ready in my bit box ( spellbinders Carnation I think) along with a few 'tails' of satin ribbon.
To finish the card I shaded through a scrap of card cut with the butterfly die with spun sugar distress ink and added this, with a folded corner, to the front of a card blank.